Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stripping extra lines sent from 11m fanuc in Predator DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarg

Industrial
Dec 14, 2001
Does anyone know how to strip the extra lines that accompany the CNC code sent from a fanuc 11m controller- when using predator dnc software?
Thanks,

Steve
steve@seeleymachine.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Steve:
What are the extra lines? If they are just blank lines, there is a parameter you change to set whether output is cr lf (carrage return line feed) or cr lf lf. I don't currently work with fanuc's, so I don't have a book to look up the parameter number. I don't think it is one of the secret parameters, I think it is in the 5000's. The operators manual gives a adequate description.

Yes, there are 2 blank lines after each line of g-code. Is there anything on the software side that will elimate this, or is it definately a hardware thing. We have many cnc machines so a software fix sure would be nice.
Thanks,

Steve

Steve:
I think you need to find your manuals and look up the parameters for output.

There is a parameter which interprets the eob (end of block character, ; , on a fanuc) as either cr, cr lf, or cr lf lf.
simply set this parameter to cr. The operators manual, programmers manual, and the service manual all cover the parameters. One is much better than the others, but I don't remember which one. I think all of your fanuc 11's will use the same parameter number for the output setting.
Fanuc 6's have the same choices, but the parameters are structured much different. Again check the manuals. On the 11's, I think the parameter is in a different place than where you set the baud rate, but I'm not certain.
Lots of luck

Jay,

I check out your recommendation and also came upon a program called Text Cleaner. This program is perfect- You can run it in the background and configure it to perform the needed functions whenever you copy text to the clipboard. In other words- If you have a program that was made a few years back, and there is something funky with it like the problem I had- it can be fixed by simply selecting ctrl-a, ctrl-x, ctrl-v
It all happens in milliseconds. Neat stuff.

Thank you all for your input.

Now for another question- I will include it in a separate post to keep things organized.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back