Strong Dimensions altering My Sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckyN

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2015
US

Hello,

Background: I was uploading a step file into Creo from a supplier and it came in as surfaces so I basically remodeled it by using the surface edges and than deleting sketch references in order to make the new model independent. When I delete the references from the step file on my sketch, all the dimensions come in as weak as you'd expect. I would Ideally like to turn the selecter to "dimensions", select all of the dimensions and make them all strong, just as a good practice to only have strong dimensions in the model's sketches. When I have been doing this, the sketch alters itself as if the dimensions possibly round up and down and the sketch tweaks a little bit making it change from being almost a perfect replica of the surfaces from the step file. Has anybody ever had this problem and does anybody have any suggestions on how to get the strong dimensions to stay exactly the same as the weak dimensions (therefore keeping the sketch exactly the same)?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try this:

!These two configs are to correct the totally wrong headed default behaviour PTC introduced in WF5
!For more see !round_displayed_dim_values yes
!sketcher_strngthn_to_def_dec_pl yes

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back