Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Structural Inspection and Assessment Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ale89

Structural
Jun 9, 2022
US
HI All - I'm expanding my practice from design to include structural inspections (not special inspections) and I'm looking for some guidance regarding what contract type is the best fitted for this type of work. I've done some research and based on what I see on the web the CASE #6 canned contract from ACED appears to be a good fit. Does anyone with experience in this line of work have any opinion on CASE #6, or know of other resources I should be looking into?
Thanks all!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Guidelines for condition assessment of existing buildings? That's not your question, though. This seems like a very open area as far as liability. I did a proposal for something like this once, but I didn't get the project. I put into the proposal that I would get project specific insurance for $X, and it would be added to the cost of the proposal. I got hinky about the valuation of the buildings, plus they had some underground parking garage that had been "added" with no plans available, and some of the columns, of course, had corrosion issues. The building was on a Historic Preservation status as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back