Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Struggling to learn Cadkey from scratch with questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkdesigner

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2005
I am basically starting from scratch to learn to use Cadkey v7.51. I have the Cadkey for Window "Getting Started Manual," and "Doctor Walt's Cadkey for Windows Introductory Guide" and "Doctor Walt's Cadkey for Windows Cadkey Workbook," all of which are applicable to this early version.
I find that the default start-up gives me a black field, with green lines, which can be changed to other colors. The problem is I have created some 2-d drawings using green lines, but when printed, the green is too light to be of much value, and running a B/W photocopy didn't darken the color.
Question #1: How can I convert my green lines to black lines for at printing on my ink-jet printer? The manuals are void of this info, as well as HELP.
Question #2: How can I change to have an "eye-ease" light green background (like all of my drawing boards), or off-white, so that I can draw with black lines, that will give me a nice printed hard copy?
Question #3: If the answer to #2 is workable, how can I change my my settings so that these will be my default on start-up of a new drawing.

Someone nearby suggested that I tell my printer to print in B/W only; I'll ccheck that as the manual is quite complete.

tkdesigner

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I’m probably not going to be much help because that version is at least 7 years old and my memory is not very good. But I’ll try.

The background is ignored when printing, so that is not your problem. Under the option tab (I don’t recall were that is in 7.51, sorry) there should be a tab for print/plot. Try setting the line width for each color to .25 for starters and adjust from there. The background is controlled from the display menu and there may be an option to save settings on exit in the miscellaneous or startup tabs, but I don’t recall.

Here is another source for answers with some old time users there:

Under the print options I change each of the print colors to black. Otherwise gray scales will be helpfully substituted for colors.

I think Some printers offered an all black option to override the print colors as grayscale option.

On Cadkey 19 white lines are printed as black. Click on Control/attrib/change/color then click white and then the 2 lines to change. I think you can change the background to white, but can't remember how to do so at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back