Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Studio 5000 Logic Saved Scale Data Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKattes

Electrical
Mar 9, 2022
US
The problem I am running into has to deal with weight data reverting back to old saved data when a new case comes across the scale. Technically it should clear and display the new weight in the logic. Here is the example Box 1 weight is 1 pound. On the scale it displays 1 pound and in the rung it displays 1 pound (Raw Data, Saved Data) on all entry points it displays 1 pound. Box 2 comes by and weighs 2 pounds. What is supposed to happen is Box 2 data displays in Raw Data and Saved Data as 2 pounds but what is actually taking place is the weight from the previous case of 1 pound is creeping back into the saved data portion. It happens for a split second then clears but the damaged is done due to the indexing of the boxes. Both boxes have a weight of 1 pound. The indexing values are not affected and the barcode scans are good in reference to the boxes but its the weight of boxes is duplicating in the HMI. The scale data is transferred via serial cable to the PLC. I really dont think its the scale since I see the correct weight in the PLC at the same time its displayed on the scale itself. I dont think its the Logic in the PLC either but something is making this change as the boxes are flowing across the scale. Its almost like the data is being held or slow to release. Has anybody ever encounter something similar to this before?

FYI I am still fairly new to some of the common practices used in the automation world so I could have easily overlooked something.

AllenBradley - Controllogix setup
Scale - Thermo Scientific Ramsey AC4000

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sometimes it's all about scan order. Make sure the logic you need to accomplish is executed in the correct order. It's sometimes easy to miss that.
Post some screenshots of you logic. It sounds like a pretty simple operation.

Brad Waybright

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back