Subassembly Configurations and Suppressing Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeRepeteur

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2023
US
Yo

I have an assembly I'm currently working on that includes subassembly's and parts. One of my subassemblies has a configuration inside it to change from a regular wall to an angled piece. When I change to this configuration inside the subassembly, I'd like to have some parts be suppressed when I make this change but I can't figure out how to. I know how to change the configurations and suppress parts in the assembly itself, just not when I do a subassembly configuration within the FeatureManager Design Tree. See picture below for the subassembly configuration I am talking about.

Subassembly_Configuration_gvkp5x.jpg

Any help would be great even if the answer is it's not possible.

Cheers,
LR

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't see the image.
You should be able to suppress parts not needed in each config, both subassy and assy. Do the subassy first, then assy it's referenced in.

Chris, CSWP
SolidWorks
ctophers home

Subassembly_Configuration_gvkp5x.jpg

Sorry, clicked the TGML button on accident.

Do you happen to know how to suppress a part that is in the main assembly when one of these subassemblies configuration has been changed since it is possible? I know in the normal configurations of the assembly you just go to the ConfigurationManager to change the config and then right click on the part and configure component but not when a configuration is activated from a subassembly.

Cheers,
LR

It still won't unsuppress when I switch the subassembly from one config to the other. That works for configurations regularly but that's not what I'm attempting to do. Within the subassembly file there are configurations I made, when I switch between these in the full assembly, I'd like a part to change when I switch it. Below is what configuration I'm trying to activate.
Pt1_jxwwr5.png

pt.2_qombyg.png

I am having a hard time understanding your images as to what is going on, but it sounds like you are trying to automate the parts to suppress\unsuppress by the change of a single sub-assy or Main assy config. If that is true then you cannot just automate it like that. You will have to set up all the configs in the sub-assembly that you need to change and for the main assy. Then you set the same configs in your main assy so you know which config is which. It might be that you have the parts in the wrong location, maybe they need to be in the sub-assy.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Mechanical Engineer
Ciholas

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Yeah, that is what I was trying to do lol. Thinking a bit too out of the box lol. Ended up creating a configuration in the main assembly, used the drop down shown above when I right-clicked on the subassembly inside the main assembly, then clicked the box next to the drop down and selected "This Configuration". Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back