Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUBDIVISION DESIGN FEES PER LOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

marthab

Civil/Environmental
Nov 19, 2002
US
I'm trying to find out how much are engineering firms charging for subdivison design per lot. Includes preliminary plat and construction plans. Surveying fees will be extra. I'm in North Carolina.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We base our fees on the total acreage of the project (in addition to project location, scale of project, and a host of other things). Lot sizes can change and vary and the number can go up or down over the course of a project so it doesn't make sense, to me, to charge (or determine fees) based on the number of lots. Then again, maybe I'm in the minority.

Design fee is 12-15% of the construction costs, (excluding plat filing and lot pins):i.e. grading, storm sewer, Sanitary sewer, Paving and water lines. I will take my fee in lots so as to show good faith in the developer. A good design sells quickly and usually escalates in price.

In my area design fees for subdivisions run anywhere from $750 to $1,000 per lot. This includes surveying. These subdivisions are typically 1/4 acre or less lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back