Submerged Combustion under pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

shollis

Chemical
Jun 7, 2012
AU
Greetings

I am seeking so information as to wether what I am considering is technically possible.

We are looking a process for as part of a scoping study which involves the injection of saturated steam into a pressure vessel to raise the temperature of the solution contained within up to 200 oC. This assists the crystalisation of the products in the solution. I have calculated the resultant pressure in the pressure vessel to be around 12.5 bar abs. Obviously we are going to have to do some calculation and pilot plant work on this.

The problem we have is that the provision of steam may be a difficult whereas we have plentiful natural gas. The solution itself contains calcium and any heating surface you put into the solutio rapidly scales up. Thus the reason for the injection of steam.

Is it possible, rather than using steam, to use submerged combustion in the vessel to provde the heat and control the release of the combustion products to produce the required pressure. Sumberged combustion has been used previously on this solution at atmospheric pressure so there is no problem with the reaction products contaminating the solution.

I should also explain I am a Metallurgist so great with rocks, still learning as a Process Engineer. So if silly question, please ignore

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back