Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Subroutine need fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalchris

Mechanical
Apr 17, 2013
GB
I have a user subroutine which I found freely available online and I am trying to create a .for (FORTRAN file) out of it and use it with my models, I tried fixing it by removing the errors and warnings but I still get some , I have no experience with programming languages but I really need the code in order to run my models , any help in fixing the syntax errors or problems inside it is highly appreciated

I have attached the subroutine in a file for your review, thanks a lot

Kind Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could you post the file again but post the original: not a version that has been copied into word and has had all the spacing rearranged. If you are using .for, columns
[ul]
[li]1-5 are for numeric labels[/li]
[li]6 for continuation[/li]
[li]7..72 for the code.[/li]
[li]! anywhere is a comment[/li]
[li]a non numeric character in column 1 indicates a comment. C is a hangover from Fortran 66 but still widely used.[/li]
[/ul]
If you mess with the spacing, nobody will be able to build your program. Could you also post the errors you are getting and which compiler/OS you are using.

Hi xwb ,

thank you for the comments you mentioned

the file was posted initially in one of the forums online and I took it from there ,I tried to fix it by myself but I couldn't , I have already put it inside a Microsoft visual studio 2008 file and I will post it here tomorrow morning.

Thank you again for your comments and hope to hear again from you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back