Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Subsea Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephanKing

Marine/Ocean
Sep 26, 2013
GB
Hi, I'm doing my dissertation on Subsea Engineering and I was wondering if people could help me by recommend me Offshore company names and links to their sites if possible!

cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does depend on whether you mean Design or Instalation and what part of the O & G world you're looking at. Depth of operation also has a lot to do with it.

Fro starters try J Ray Mcdermott, Saipem, Technip, Stena Offshore for the EPC end of it and Genesis, JP Kenny, Intecsea, KW for the design part - This is a Europe centred list and I'm sure there are multiple others the in GoM or Australia.

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

LittleInch,
Just wondered why you could not have come up with a more novel "name" rather than taking BigInch's name and modifying it when you joined???

It seemed like a good idea at the time and I only joined when he told me what his eng tips name was.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind and it was meant in respect as he's got more tech knowledge than me. If I'd called myself "Gigantic Inch", now then that would be seen as taking the p...

Actually we've known each other over 20 years. We reconnected on Linked-in and I suggested he come over here where the questions, and more importantly the answers, aren't a waste of his caliber of knowledge and time. I thought he would make an excellent asset to the site.

I didn't expect he'd rip off my handle, but even still I am very happy to have him around. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery respect! and ... his advice is at least as good as mine, or even better, so no worries as far as I'm concerned.

I say [thumbsup2]

Independent events are seldomly independent.

That's that sorted then... I can change it if you want, but I've kind of got used to it now. [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back