Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subsea installation Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

sy123

Dec 1, 2005
US
Hello,
I planning on attending Subsea Installation Calculations course offered by Trevor Jee Associates. I am a floating structures engineer by profession and would like to move into subsea pipelines group eventually and was hoping this course would give me some real help I need for the process.

Did any engineers/consultants who post in this forum attended this course before? if so, could you please let me know your personal opinion about the course?

My main idea is to learn a couple of important issues like installation related structural design and some good brush through on installation process itself. will this course help with this process??

Any help is really appreciated,
- Sam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven't been on that particular course, but i have been on one of their others. The course I did was well presented with a very good set of hand outs. From what I remember (it was a few years ago) they present all their calculations using Mathcad so some knowledge of the software would be useful. On the down side they are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back