Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Substitute for Rulon 142 for Linear slide bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapuser

Mechanical
Dec 12, 2002
US
I am looking for a substitute for Rulon because of the cost and I am wondering if there is something that will accomplish the same thing without being so pricey. Application has reciprocal movement only without rotation and very little load of any sort. It needs to have good slip stick resistance and dimensional tolerance. Ertalyte TX seems to be a reasonable substitute but I am left wondering if it's capabilities are sufficient.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Absent a number for pressure or velocity, we are left wondering what you expect us to divine.

For very little load, I'd be looking at polyethylene, or if I was in a spendy mood or needed better dimensional control, polypropylene.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

This is going to be used on a machine that fills capsules so there is hardly any load of any sort. What is important is that it not absorb water and be resistant to sanitizing chemicals which I don't have the composition of and good resistance to slip stick. Basically if you are familiar with the characteristics of Rulon J then you will know what I am looking for. Rulon J is what was recommended for this use so any equivalent will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back