Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUBTITUTION/ALTERNATE ANCHOR NUT B0204083-4K 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

houas

Nov 17, 2016
DZ
HELLO
i need to know alternate/equivalent ANCHOR NUT part number B0204083-4K in 'MS OR NAS OR BACN'.
thanks a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

houas...

Other than a very unfamiliar vendor part number, do You have anything that functionally and physically describes this part?

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

That is a Bombardier spec for a reduced rivet spacing floating anchor nut. I believe that an alternative anchor nut would be the NAS1789C4M.

This is a Bombardier specification.
Typically, these spec's are simple commercial item descriptions, when you read the actual document, and the last pages of these documents lists the approved suppliers of such parts.
I don't have access to BA's website login right now, but for your own convenience, Houas, you could contact Bombardier directly and ask their customer support yourself.
If you want a guess: it's a Monadnock part or something similar. There probably isn't a MS/NAS equivalent.

STF

The only way to confirm there is an acceptable "MS", "NAS", or "BACN" substitute for this OEM part would be to check the OEM's procurement specification. It is normally a good idea to use the specific replacement hardware specified by the OEM, rather than using substitute parts that are "similar".

Jamflip, SparWeb, Tbuelna: does it bug You when a brand-new guy starts a thread, asks a question... then never has any follow-up acknowledgement on the thread, such as 'thanks', etc???

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

Yes,
But life goes on.
Last visit to Eng-Tips by the OP was 11 December, so we can hope that the first few replies were read and understood.
STF

WKTaylor-

I follow a couple forums that you post on. And for what it's worth, I appreciate your detailed replies. In fact, your posts are usually so full of information that I learn something every time I read one.

Regards,
Terry

firstly thanks a lot for all a specially for Jamflip.
secondly a message for WKTaylor : I am new in the domain but I think that it is not the end of the world if you can help somebody who looks for an information, which ignores it.
Moreover any information which you know if thanks to the exchanges of the knowledge that you are enough lucky have the opportunity to know it.
Big one thanks for the scientists has fault the centuries which shared them knowledges for well of humanity
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back