Suggestion for a tool of analysis of driveline load data

Status
Not open for further replies.

pietro82

Automotive
Mar 14, 2012
IT
Hi all,

For my PhD dissertation, I've built a matlab tool which allowed me to make durability analysis of road load data for drivelines (mechanical and hydromechanical) . Especially, from torque, rpm and gear usage data, in function of the transmission layout, it computes the load of each gear, so the damage, the stress and the gear life. The purpose of the tool was to analysis many data to get some insight of customer usage, so there is no really detailed analysis of the shaft, bearing, clutch and so on and the analysis is purely steady. I searched on internet and I haven't found many other tool packages for something like that. There is kisssoft which allows any analysis for drivelines, but I feel it is not the best sw when a quick analysis of 1000 load cases is needed. For example: which is the worst realistic operating condition for this transmission? How is it with respect to the test schedule? How could the test schedule optimized to match the target service?
I made this tool just for speeding up the analysis i needed for my dissertation but I have just realized it works rather well and maybe it might be useful for someone else. Actually, it is just a collection matlab functions, so no graphic interface is available. I'm writing this post because I want to improve it and then release it as a freeware in the web. Which features should I add or you like to have in this kind of tool?

Thanks

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd have thought ignoring the dynamics (shock loads) is to ignore the crux of driveline durability. One manufacturer has a test for driveline durability that consist of driving slowly forward, shifting from D->R, waiting for the car to start move backwards, shift from R->D. Repeat 50 times with a carefully calibrated right foot.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Does your code take into account the torsinoals that the C/S gives the transmission? Or include products like TVD's or DMF's?

@Fex what do you mean for C/S, TVD and DMF?

@Greg: as far as I know, manunfactures makes steady state and dynamics tests for testing durability, right?

@Fex32: I worked on measured torque at the flywheel so it should consider the torsional that the C/S gives to the transmission, right? Actually only the gear mesh analysis but I consider what you said as a suggestion and I'm trying to do my best for implementing it as soon as possible. ;) What else might be interesting to implement of which kind of analysis you'd suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back