Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions for PDM software

Status
Not open for further replies.

miner00

Mechanical
Sep 27, 2001
US
I am not looking to get into a discussion about the benefits of this CAD package versus that...but I am interested to see if anyone has a PDM package that they actually like.

I used PDMWorks a few years back with Solidworks and it worked pretty well. At the time, we did some exploration with TeamCenter as well, but decided it was too expensive.

I now work at a company that has data in UG:NX7, Solid Edge V20, Solid Works 2011, Autocad, P-cad, Visio, Word, AdobePDF and probably a few others that I don't know about.

Solidworks EnterprisePDM system is a no-go because it doesn't play nicely with NX7.

Teamcenter is the obvious choice, but we had the Siemens reps in here a few years back and they flubbed the sales pitch to our IT department and any meeting that even mentions TC usually erupts into screaming and moaning.

We are currently using Windows to manage the data...I am sure that you can imagine the chaos and the pain/paperwork that is required.

Is there a PDM option that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

With that mix of CAD tools, TC is your best choice.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back