Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Suitable software package for pressure vessel design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrkorada

Industrial
Oct 24, 1999
IN
Can any one sugest a suitable software package for designing and detailing (including generation of fabrication drawings, Bill of materials etc.) for pressure vessels heat exchangers Process columns as per ASME Sec VIII Div.1&2,TEMA,BS-5500. The design should consider Wind and Seismic design as per International codes and user defined values.<br>
<br>
Your earlier suggestion will help me a lot.<br>
<br>
Thank you.<br>
<br>
My E-mail: <A HREF="mailto:vrkorada@hotmail.com">vrkorada@hotmail.com</A><br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Vrkorada,<br>
<br>
The Codware Compress is Suitable software Package for Pressure vessel design and Columns with Wind load & Seismic load and other external load As per ASME SEC. VIII Div.1 <br>
this compress allows to do WRC 107 Nozzle load calculation<br>
also. This compress software is available in window version<br>
as well dos version you can find more details about compress<br>
in their web site <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"><br>
Best Regards,<br>
<br>
Babu Mathan<br>
Pressure vessel Design Engineer<br>

I have used COMPRESS for 6-7 years after trying several others.&nbsp;&nbsp;We are very pleased with it.&nbsp;&nbsp;They also have a complete suite of programs to estimate, design, and create drawings.

Dear Vrkorada,<br><br>I will suggest PV Elite program for Pressure vessel and component design by COADE (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> It not only does ASME Section VIII Div 1 but also Div II and BS-5500 codes. Tubesheets can be analyzed per ASME App AA and TEMA codes. <br><br>Wind and Seismic loading can be analyzed by various codes like UBC, AISC, NBC, Indian standard, g-loading and user-defined. For local loading it does WRC 107 and WRC 297 calculations. Visit there web site for more details. <br><br>You can compare it with other softwares and decide whose features are more useful to you.<br><br>Hope it helps,<br>Mandy<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back