Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sulfamate Nickel Electroplating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME27272727

Mechanical
May 15, 2014
US
Hello. I'm seeking information on sulfamate nickel plating process ventilation / exhaust requirements. The bath is about 4'x5' in a 600 SF room located in an office building. It will be covered during operation. I've seen conflicting information from what I can find, where some sources claim local push-pull ventilation is recommended, and other sources (actually, just one source) claiming that the sulfamate nickel process is much more efficient than other forms of plating, and does not require any exhaust at all. My client is insisting on moving along without any exhaust, and even using an existing HVAC unit that currently conditions adjacent offices and other areas. They hired a hygienist to take readings and came back with safe levels and nickel in the room air. I'm still hesitant to not provide any exhaust / ventilation to the space, and do not think it is wise to mix airstreams of this room with adjacent office areas. Thoughts from those with familiarity of this process is appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back