Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Summary Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barronal

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2003
US
When I put data in summary information (under Files, Properties) in a part and generate a drawing from that part the information does not transfer. Does anyone know if a need to change a setting or it's just not possible? I would like to fill in that screen when creating a part and then when I generate the drawing have it carry over so that I can automatically fill in my title block with it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have to link your notes to a property in the model. Of course the model has to be in the drawing for this to work.

Also you will need to setup your template or sheet format so that when you place a model into the drawing it updates the information that you want it to correctly.

Check the Help on "Link to Property" for clarification.

IHTH,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [spin] [americanflag]
3DVision Technologies
faq731-376
When in doubt, always check the help

We have our drawing template custom properties set to read through to the part (or assembly). If there is a property named "prop1" with the value "Widget" in the part, there is a sister property in the drawing named "prop1", with the value $PRPSHEET:"prop1". This reads the part property into the drawing property. Once saved, the value of "prop1" in the drawing also shows up as "Widget".

[bat]Gravity is a harsh mistress.[bat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back