Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Support for Vertical Uplift Release With Support Displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

drahmatxvx

Structural
Jul 20, 2012
ID
I have another problem with Boundary condition. Client ask me to provide support vertical uplift release with included support vertical displacement on the support point (Hull deflection). I have try use 2 perform analysis with Compresion only support and include with Support Displacement. But client dont agree, they want vertical uplift and hull deflection to be combine in the one analysis. As per Staad technical Reference we cannot combine commpression only support type with support Displcamenet.
Beside that I try also use member compression only applied on the column and include support vertical displacement. on the Result shown "WARNING - THERE WERE MORE THAN 12 DOF WITH ZERO STIFFENER" and the ratio of unity check also is not realistic (Value More than 10). Is it have another methode to combine vertical uplift release support with support displcamenet. I attach also sample Staad Pro File for your reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back