Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppress view

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTI18T

Industrial
May 12, 2003
US
Is there any way to suppress a drafting view?? Or to have the view auto delete depending on expressions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What I'm trying to accomplish is to create a spreadsheet driven part that will create a drawing that needs minimal "fine tuning". There is an instance where there is a section needed to show details of a feature that may or may not be on the part. If it is not on the part I would like the view to suppress or delete.

Understand you better now, I haven´t tried to accomplish that yet, but I haven´t heard about supressing or deleting views per automatic. I wpuld suggest a layer move and use visible in view on the drafting views, you would then get a blank view.

If think I now remember that you actually can supress drafting object if you set environment variable UGII_DRAFT_EXPRESSIONS_OK=1 and then you can access the expressions through drafting. But this setting is not recommended due to you actually can control the modell through drafting.

About visible in view, I was actually thinking that the solid layer should be controlled not the view

UGII_DRAFT_EXPRESSIONS_OK = 1 only allows you to the Tools-Expression dialog box while in drafting mode. It allows you to modify model expressions from drafting.

Drafting section views are not subject to layer viv easily. The section lines are created as view dependent to a system generated view and placed on the current work layer. You would have to be very careful when creating the view to get everything set right for it to work.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Activating expressions in drafting gives you the ability to suppress drafting objects with expressions, such as annotations, dimensions and notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back