Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Surface tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby

Industrial
Aug 30, 2005
GB
Hi all, can anyone tell me if inventor can do surface modeling, like what you can in solidedge or solidworks?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Who modeled the Scooby Doo JD...I know it was originally done in Solidworks by Mike Wilson but it looks like someone took the time to model it in IV as there are features.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
UG NX4.01.0 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2007 SP2.2 on WinXP SP2

took the time or just copy and pasted the border? is the scooby doo different to the solidworks scooby , or is there a big difference in the 2?

They visually look the same so who ever created the IV version copied the Solidworks model...my guess is JD or one of his students since they have access to both IV and Swx.

Jason

We typically try to model everything in both programs following the exact same sketches and features as much as possible. One of my students used the SWX model to reproduce in Inventor back in r8. I can't imagine how many hour she spent on that project. She was an "older" adult student with lots of motivation. A top 1% type of student.

Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Its a complex model......takes a while to rebuild.....I commend her for going through the process.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back