Suspension loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMAPV

Automotive
Oct 22, 2017
GB
Hi,

University student here, look at suspension load paths, I made an excel sheet that calculates the loads on the different suspension members when a load is applied. When I input a load acting on the tyre patch though, I get a really weird result where for example my Pushrod is in tension when in theory it should in in compression (for Fz +ve for example). Not sure if this is due to my unit vectors done the wrong way round. Could someone check and make sure I'm not going crazy, as I am pretty sure after checking it multiple times that I've done it right.

I attached the excels sheet. Matrix A contains the x y z unit vectors for the force and moments respectively. Vector B contains the Force/Moments applied at tyre contact patch.

Any help/explanation would be appreciated :)

-tmapv

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=517488bb-9b23-4b4b-97b9-33f85815ab54&file=SuspensionLoadCalculator.xlsx
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for looking! Hmm, might be the way I did the first 3 rows of Matrix A, was sure I did it correctly. But like you pointed out, I thought it was meant in compression instead of tension for that load.... :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back