Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 06 SP 3.3 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcadman

Mechanical
Nov 6, 2002
US
FYI, SP 3.3 is available at SW download, but I couldn't find what fixes were made.

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

3.2 was a pre-release for the native 64 bit version. You have to be a beta customer in order to have acess to 3.2 (on the beta website).

Pete

Do not download 3.3 if you use BOMS's!!!

The option in configuration properties to choose if the file name or the configuration name is used in the BOM is gone.

Also, "exclude from BOM" is missing from the component properties in an assembly.

Had there been an EV release I would have caught this

Further to KITRACER'S point, check out this service bulletin:

Technical Support Alert: Config Properties-->BOM Options Group Box Missing in 2006 SP3.3

The Bill of Materials Options group box, which controls the part number displayed when used in a BOM, is missing in configuration properties in SolidWorks 2006 SP3.3. This group box CAN be found upon creating a new configuration, but not when viewing the properties of one that already exists.

We did not have time to update SW, but maybe that was a good thing. This is from a user on the official SW forum:
O.K.... some clarification is due. The option is there when creating the configuration but dissappears after completing the action. How many SP's is this now without an EV test period?

Dave H
SolidWorks 2006 SP03.3
Windows XP Pro SP2
(KITRACER, what was that you said about an EV?) [surprise]

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

Man, major fubar. I thought the only thing fixed was the PDF options.....they shouldn't have been anywhere near that code.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP3.0 on WinXP SP2

I use SW BOMS all the time. What does it do to files or configurations that currently use that feature? Will the part number disappear from our BOMS? Does anyone know if Solidworks has addressed this yet and are they even aware the problem? I just checked the SW fixed SPR support page and there is nothing mentioned about this. They also list SPR's for SP 4.0. Is SP 4.0 officially out?

Regards,
Dan Olid

I think I saw somewhere that sp3.4 will be out today, tomorrow, or monday to address the issue.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP3.3 on WinXP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back