Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW '12 randomly changing Design Table Dimensions to Driven

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechEng13

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2003
US
All,

I have done a search on the forum and not found anything like this popping up. I have a moderate sized assembly that has one of the components defined by a design table. There are 12 or so unique configurations in the design table. These parts are then used in multiple subassemblies. What I am running into is the 2 primary dimensions of the design table parts, length and width are randomly switching to "driven". When this happens all the parts in the design table change size and I have to go fix every thing.

Any ideas on why and how to stop it?

MechEng13 [machinegun] [elk]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried using the Configuration Manager instead of the DT?

Have you reported the problem to your VAR?

Although there are no solutions offered, a search in the KB for design table driven driving returns several SPR's related to this problem.
SPR 453689: dimension automatically changing from driving to driven when switching configurations
SPR 201468: Driven dimension changes to driving dimension after editing a design table equation in this part.
SPR 618750: Driven dimensions become driving and sketch goes overdefined after creating Design table in this part

CBL,

Thanks for the SPR's, I have not as of yet reported it to my VAR, I am one user of many, and I am checking internally to see if anyone else is seeing it. I have informed our SW admin about it and will talk with him later.

I will keep digging and I will contact my VAR.

Thanks for the help,

MechEng13 [machinegun] [elk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back