Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2004 Anotation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdossaji

Mechanical
Oct 27, 2003
US
Has anyone encountered problems with attaching feature control box for Geometric Tolerancing on entities or datums. Mine won't attach to the entities.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have to have leaders turned on and drag the end of the leader to the edge of the view. With Datum's just pick the edge and the Datums attach themselves.

It works fine here no problems at all. SW04 SP1.0

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [santa3] [americanflag]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Scott,

That works only if I leave the feature control box in the same location. As soon as I slide the feature control box along the entity the leader shows up. Also If I wanted the flatness to apply to a datum then the feature control box then i Should be allowed to attach it to the top of the datum. But SW 2004 will not allow this attachment.

Yes, I know what you mean. You need a feature, so that the GDT will be attached. Even if you dimensioned to a common plane, the control box will not attach to a plane. I've put in an enhancement request already, maybe you should too? Also, I have found that the GDT boxes can not be rotated. Awful when you have many! angled surfaces. So many leaders and boxes all over the place, makes for a messy drawing. Sorry I could not help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back