Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2010 - finetuning tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezcal

Mechanical
Aug 25, 2005
US
Hello.

Any of you out there have any finetuning tips that directly apply to SW 2010? I recently upgraded from '09 to '10 and experiencing some performance problems. One issue is that when I go to modify a part in an assembly and go to sketch mode, the cursor jumps around and the CPU usage maximizes out. Even creating a new part in sketch mode I have the same problem. Short of re-installing I could use any advise.

Thanks!!!

SW 2010
XP SP 2
Dell 380
nVidia FX1400

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried changing graphics drivers to the latest certified drivers for SW10 and your OS?

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of these Forums?

hey all.

all suggestions greatly appreciated. i had, as suggested, updated to the latest video driver when I had upgraded. I had also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. i did find the problem: it was the settings in the nVidia control panel. i had assumed (assumption is the root of all evil) that the settings would remain the same when upgrading the drivers. i made a note of this for the next upgrade. thanks again for your input and continued success!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back