Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2010 SP1.0 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjcole

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2003
US
Hey everyone,

Noticed that SP1.0 for sw2010 (twenty-ten) as I like to call it is now available.

For those of you who work at big companies and for most of you that have better internet connections at home it would be easier to download yourself. I recommend using the Download Only option so you can make a single large download that can install SolidWorks onto any machine regardless of current SP installed.

SolidWorks Downloads&Updates

Now if only we could upload it to the Engineering.com site that would be tremendous. [tongue]

Michael

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I received two of our eight. One of my designers received one of eight. One of the apps guys got the fourth. Haven't seen the other four. Will never use any of them.

Joe Hasik,
CSWP/SMTL/MTLS
SW 09 x64, SP 4.1
Dell T3400
Intel Core2 Quad
Q6700 2.66 GHz
3.93 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600

I wanted to post this in News but never did one of those posts so I apologize, the preview screen was different probably missed a Radio Button.

Eventually we won't even receive discs, and if we did they'd only be Blue-ray format.

Doing one major download per company or 1 individual and then sharing install files is way better than each user downloading on home or company time. I tried sp1 download last night and it failed. Best time is after work hours and 75.7555% success rate should be expected

Michael

I have the standard version plus the PW2/PV360 and FeatureWorks modules. Using the SWIM, I downloaded and installed the SP1 updates for SW2010, SW Explorer, eDrawings, DWGeditor and PW2/PV360 in under under an hour.

Mark Biasotti (from the SW forums) updated his Premium package in 31 minutes. Apparently the SP's now more closely follow the 'patch only what needs patching' method employed by other programs ... finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back