Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW Animation - Video Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrootatendurance

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2014
US
Hi,
I wanted to ask if anyone is using video editing software to modify animations that are made using SolidWorks. If so, what software do you use, what you like/dislike about it, and what kind of editing you do with it (with regards to the SW animation).

I have been using the motion study feature in SW to create animations, move/bend parts, hide/show, make transparent, etc. I would like to add some simple additions to the animation that I believe will require video editing software. Things like:
Changing aspect ratio by cropping out the top/bottom or left/right sides.
Adding pauses, overlaying another image during the pause, then fading out the image and continuing the animation.
Adding captions, notes, intro or outro credits, etc.
Adding narration.

I think my needs in terms of video editing are pretty basic. So, has anybody played this game? What software do you use? So far I'm looking at Adobe Premiere, Corel VideoStudio, and Sony Vegas to start.

I don't have SW Composer (which looks awesome), and I also don't have the budget for Composer.

Let me know what works for you.
Jeff

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have used Windows Movie Maker in the past to add text or combine multiple videos into one file. It is not the most sophisticated software but it is free with Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back