Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW API EXPLODE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Exactly what do you mean by "explode"? I'm sure you know but I can think of at least 3 interpretations, and each one brings up 5 to 10 additional questions of its own. Need more detail, jtarter.

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

A hobbit's lifestyle sounds rather pleasant...... it's the hairy feet that turn me off.

I have written a vb form that builds my assembly using the top down method. My assembly has numerous configurations and depending on the input by the user to the vb form the correct configuration is changed and made active. I then need to show the exploded view of this active configuration. I have figured out the code to show the exploded view for the configuration that is active. Now my problem is being that the vb form controls both the information to build my assembly and the information to fill out the properties dialog box for each part (part must be open and current view in SW)when I use the form on the part itself I get an error because it is also trying to explode the part. I need to have my vb code only try to explode a SW assembly and not the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back