Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW dwg NOT updating properly, not saving properly, edrawings fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomofro39

Mechanical
Aug 3, 2010
US
Good morning,
I am in a very weird situation and I do not know what on earth to do about it. I have designed a frame, by making the individual square tubing pieces as parts, and then assembled them in SW. Everything went swimmingly. Then I made a drawing, and everything was fine. All was well. Then I had to move two components closer together in the frame, so I did, and I added 4 holes. I saved the assy, and it looked just as it should. No problems saving. The drawing updated correctly, saved it, printed it. Now our secretary opened it up in eDrawings, and then made a pdf. for our manufacturing department. And it showed no changes. The new dimensions I put in there were still there, but the parts were not there. The hole call-outs for the new 4 holes were there, but not the holes. I have opened the assy many times, closed everything, opened them in different order, and no matter how many times I change the drawing to how it is supposed to be using properties>show default, or last-saved, whichever, it changes the view then reverts when I open it independently again. What is going on? How on earth am I supposed to get it to just represent what the assy looks like? Please, any insight would help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had similar issues with some of my parts. Try opening the part on which you made the holes. Try using a different way of creating the hole feature, save the part file, but don't close it, minimize it, open the assembly part and it should ask you to rebuild the assembly because of the change in the part(s), rebuild and the holes should be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back