Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW PDM - NX Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLineDesign

Bioengineer
Aug 9, 2007
US
Do you know if SW PDM will talk well with NX? We have two distinct product lines here remaining in two different PDMs and two different CAD Packages. Both are in need of upgrading, so I'm looking around to see what's new. I know we will at least be going to SW PDM, but I'm unsure what will happen on the NX Side. Our CAD databases live on their own, and as of this typing no new rumors of integrating CAD back into the Change Control Database/Quality Manual (we export .pdf, and generic CAD (.dxf for flats, and parasolids when needed for complimentary 3D data). If you're thinking refile the NX stuff to SW, only so much of the Legacy data would make it (we have NX files back into the 80s that are still being produced), but I can see where this may have to happen.

Let me know your thoughts,
KLINE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The matrix page at says it reads 250 file types, but that doesn't mean it read NX files. MY first guess is probably not, but you should contact a VAR and ask them directly.

PDM_Matrix_jmgnwk.jpg

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back