SW Piping module for semiconductor use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi66

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2001
US
Has anyone used the SW piping module?
I design Gas control cabinets (mostly 1/4" tube) of about 500 parts in Autocad 3D.
I'm new user trying to use SW to do this and am not making much progress with assemblies.(Although its great for machined parts)
What have you been through doing 3D piping?
All sugestions welcome

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Solidworks has a piping add-in that works pretty gook.
Check with your Solidworks VAR for this.
Otherwise, you will have to do it all manually using the 3D sketcher.

I'm not crazy about the piping module that you can get as an add-on to SW. It's not very extensive like the old cimlogic toolbox and the new SW toolbox is now (Which SW has acquired toolbox from cimlogic). Now you can make a library of pipe models and save them in your SW\data\palette parts for reference in the future of pipe designing.

I just built a large (to me) piping assembly of Pvc pipe for a riser washer station. This assembly was of course automated and seems to work fine. We have the piping add-on here and I Did Not use it. I made all the pipes manually and I did not saved them in the palette parts. I saved them in their own file folder due to the fact they where in-contexted to the asembly and other parts of the assembly. Otherwise, I would have saved them for future reference.

You can try using the 3D sketch for making pipes with. Although if your having problems with assemblies then you will probably have problems with this then too.

If you would like I could send you a file of some pipes made manually and assembled. Also made by using 3D Sketches.

Hope this helps, Scott Baugh, CSWP :)
George Koch Sons,LLC
Evansville, IN 47714
sjb@kochllc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back