Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW Student Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickVJ

Mechanical
Sep 26, 2006
US
Does anybody know if you have to be a student to be able to purchase the student version of SW? Particularly if it is NOT going to be used for commercial purposes?

Rick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the info. I am currently waiting for a reply back from a local reseller on the issue. He thinks there might be a problem because I'm not a student so we'll see.

rick

My understanding is that for academic pricing, you either have to be a student or a school faculty/staff member, plus you can't use the software for commercial purposes.

I just found that out but you can purchase it if you have a child in K-12 but you need all kinds of documentation proof that is a real pain to get together. So I will get a free personal edition from my reseller tomorrow that will last for 3 months. Plus I found a bunch of free crash course seminars that are 4 hours long and they give you a free personal edition as well.

rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back