Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW to ACad Drawing File Output Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxbyMike

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2001
CA
I was wonder if any one could help? I want to output full size Acad drawing from SolidWorks drawings but the scales have been changed in SW to fit on standard size drawing templates. When I output the files in DWG format the scales remain the same as they were in SW and not to “true” full scale (the assemblies are for input into other drawings). Let me explain what I have done: I wrote a VB selection program that the user picks different parts that are then built up in a assembly file. There are now about 3000 different configurations and depending on the size of the configuration a drawing file is used to get the DWG file output. The drawing file scales range for ¼ to 1/8 depending on the size of the configuration. One solution I have come up with is to make full-scale templates so the DWG output files will also be in full scale. This solution will involve lots of work and programming to pick the proper size template, also how will I know which on to use with out going through most of the different configurations. Another solution is to program a template that changes depending of the size of the assemblies created, but again, how will I get the information to change the template, also I would need to control text size, BOM size, sheet size…. Etc.
Basically my question to you is; what would be your idea of the best solution for this problem? Also, is their anyway I can scale entire templates including sheets and sheet formats, fonts?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check out SW01+ this issue of taking the scale and changing it to true scale in ACAD has been resolved. Before that we had a LISP routine that fix that problem.

Hope that helps, Scott Baugh, CSWP :)
George Koch Sons,LLC
Evansville, IN 47714
sjb@kochllc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back