SW09 Hole Table Location Precision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris

Mechanical
Sep 4, 2004
US
Greetings.

If I have a part with variety of hole types, how can I create a table that displays different levels of location precision?

For example, I might have fab or burn out clearance holes that would require a location precision of (2) decimal places, or drilled and tapped holes that require a location precision of (3) decimal places, and dowel holes requiring a location precision of (4) decimal places. How do I change one or two location precisions without changing them all?

Thanks in advance.

Ferris.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you select a smart dimension you want to change, there is a drop-down menu in the property manager under "Tolerance/Precision" which allows you to select the precision of that dimension independently: .X, .XX, .XXX, etc.

Does that answer your question? I'm not quite sure what you'd need a table of values for...

"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems." -Scott Adams

I am not speaking of a design table, but rather an X/Y hole chart in a .slddrw file.

It seems to me I did this a few weeks back and it was very simple. I simply edited properties for the select hole locations. However, when I try this today I change the properties for the entire hole chart.

In 2009 you will possibly need to do separate tables. Do the table multiple times, edit out the other holes, and set table parameters.

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2011 SP 4.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Quick update - Out of nowhere it started to work. I changed nothing (that I am aware of) and now I click on an individual cell or group of cells and the option appears to change the level of precision. Others that I work with have experienced the same thing.

We will be upgrading to 2012 soon. I look forward to the newer version.

Thanks for all replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back