Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW2007 Toolbox-Multi User Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincaveman747

Mechanical
Sep 15, 2003
CA
Our software was just updgraded to SW 2007 and I am now getting some error messages that were not there before.
When I go to save an assembly file w/ 175 parts approx. the assembly gives me pop ups saying the toolbox parts are referenced by other open documents (another user). And if would have to save as copy to get by or cancel. When you go to try save it is indicates failed to save file is read only. The file should be read only as far as I know from the Multi toolbox setup files from SW site. I now have to cancel the numerous pop ups to save the assembly.
3 users - toolbox.ini files have been updated.
setting in browser configure set to master file.
browser folder set to read only for files as told.
Any help will be much appreciated. Frustating when it worked before on 2006 and it wasn't my idea to migrate to 2007 yet.

Captain Caveman
Almex Industries,Parry Sound ON.Canada\
SW2007,SP 0.0
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz,Quadro FX500,1 Gig Ram

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check your System Options under External References for “Search file locations for external references”. Play with the settings in this area. Maybe this will help.

Bradley

These are 2006 menu clicks, but here goes:
From within an assembly, select Toolbox -> Browser Configuration. Under Document Properties, select “Always change read-only status of document before writing”

Eric

The always change read-only status before writing is checked on already.
Bradley has mentioned about the external references in system options. I noticed that the search files loc's for ext references in checked on like always. But the -Don't prompt to save read only referenced documents was not checked on. I will try muck with this but I hope it lets the toolbox work properly. From my understanding the bolts/nuts are opened read only then if you make a new config it will change to write status temporarily,save the new config, then revert to a read only status.
I will update if this helps.

Captain Caveman
Almex Industries,Parry Sound ON.Canada\
SW2007,SP 0.0
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz,Quadro FX500,1 Gig Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back