Sweep Problem - Inventor 2011 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Pom

Mechanical
May 1, 2010
AU
Hi All,

I've finally produced the part I want but I know for a fact that I've made a right royal mess in getting there.

Can you please look at my bad effort and give me some guidance on what is the correct way to do this.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Three sketches 1 workplane.
In your Sketch1 you have two ars for the 9.5 arc - there should only be one. (See image)
My solution
I would do the circle profile in Sketch2 on the YZ plane (you do not need to create extra workplanes.
I would also add the angle to Sketch2 so that if you need to change it is as simple as double clicking the dimension.

Then create the angled workplane useing the line from sketch2 and the YZ Plane. Project Geometry as needed to Sketch3 on the new workplane and finish the sketch (no dimensions needed in Sketch3.

So Easy! (see attached)
If you have trouble - attach new file here following my steps.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=65483580-1081-41de-9874-eba2364ab05f&file=Wire.PNG
Hi rollupswx,

Like I said, very mess. Unfortunately I cannot open your file, could it be that you are ahead of me by running Inventor 2012?

I'll also look at the link you sent first up.

Many thanks,
Dave R.

Hi rollupswx,

Got it - thanks.

Just in passing, what are your thoughts on the very touchy subject of Solid Works -V - Inventor.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

Hi rollupswx,

It took a while but I finally got it!! I did add an extra plane and sketch to bring the sweep back around another 180° but I think I can see where I was really off the rails.

I was creating extra work planes to put my sketches on instead of using what's already there.

Sometimes you just need that extra pair of eyes. Thanks again.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

...what are your thoughts on the very touchy subject of Solid Works -V - Inventor

I haven't figured out what the difference is between the two.
Kind of like Ford or Chevy to me - when I fly into an airport I drive whatever the rental company provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back