Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWW14 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctopher

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2003
US
Was my first time at SWW. I was happy to meet other users there. We had a good time.
Over 5600 attendees.
Heard several people talking about the weather. Some asked me where I was from, jealous to learn I'm from SoCal! lol
The weather was great in San Diego!

Chris, CSWA
SolidWorks 13
ctopher's home
SolidWorks Legion

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Glad you could make it this year. I was hoping on going but couldn't make it I'm sure you had a blast. San Diego is a great place for world. Did any of the presentations you saw stand out above the rest? Did you meet any of the top tier Dassault People? I was checking out some of the past festival sessions on the SolidWorks site below

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

It was great to finally meet you Chris... yeah I am little jealous, especially after getting stuck in Atlanta over night, due to all the cancellations. I think cities like Atlanta should get training on how to drive in Snow and Ice, just in the event they ever get any. It was 2" of snow and some ice and they shut the city down for 3 days, including the airport, the largest Delta hub in the country, sigh. Oh well I made it home Friday afternoon.

For those that did make it I hope you had as much fun as myself, along with meeting a few new people and learning a few things about the software.

Cheers,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Michael,
A couple presentations bombed IMO. the one that stood out was on Simulation. The presenter showed steps within SW as he went thru the PPT. He didn't have time to do an actual simulation. But, it was a good starter class.

It was great to finally meet you too Scott. I heard a couple horror stories about traveler flying home. Yes, I was fortunate... 1-1/2 drive home in nice weather.

Chris, CSWA
SolidWorks 13
ctopher's home
SolidWorks Legion

loki3000,

Yes, they talked more about SolidWorks Mechanical Conceptual and also SolidWorks Industrial Conceptual. The new v6 based products from Dassault. Do a search on Google for the details.

Cheers,

Anna Wood
SW2014 SP2, Windows 7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.