Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWX 2008 macro needed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl08in

Automotive
Apr 18, 2011
US
I'm looking for a macro that will link all available drawing views in a SLDDRW file to a BOM table in the same file. Does anyone know of such a macro or is able to provide one? Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Dave Lehman

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm presently revising dozens of drawings with a number of views on each sheet. These are all independent assemblies in each drawing. (Not configs) I'm adding parts to each assembly, then updating the prints with additional balloons and sorting the BoM. Only some of the views are linked to the BoM in the drawing view properties, so the item numbers on the balloons don't always update properly unless I check the item in each view's properties to link it to the BoM. This slows things down a lot.

I'm not sure if I've explained this clearly. Does this make sense to you? What I need is some way to automate checking those boxes and selecting the proper BoM for all views on all sheets in the active drawing file. (There is only one BoM in each drawing, but their names vary from one drawing to the next.)

Again, thank you for any help you may be able to provide me.

Howdy,

Don't you hate that! The SW default is to not check the box "Keep Linked to BOM" when a view is created. Attached is a macro that finds all the views on all the sheets associated with the BOM. It's set up for SW 2007. Sorry I never had a copy of SW 2008, so I can't change the library references for you. If you don't know how, maybe some nice helpful person on this forum will do it for you :)

Enjoy

Tobin Sparks
www.nov.com

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a552757b-e23d-4904-a1b2-3f55cc3f97d1&file=LinkViewsBOM_07.zip
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back