Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWX 2014 SP2.0 Downloading Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updraft

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2007
US
Are any of you having problems downloading SP2.0? I had the same problem at home last night and at work today: "The downloader could not be started due to an internal error. Try downloading manually." And then: "Download Error
Installation files could not be downloaded because: Internal Error: CoCreateInstance({652E77B7-69AA-491B-8C64-25B79239863F}) FAILED. If the problem persists, a proxy server might be preventing automatic downloads. Choose the option to download files manually instead.
For more information on download errors, visit the Customer Portal."

Yes, I can download manually. I did that for my home installation, but I want to know if others are seeing something similar. We have several installations at work plus everyone's home installation. I would like to know if all of them will have to be done manually.

Thanks,

- - -Updraft

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Updraft - I definitely did - 3.5 hours of downloading the latest updates - then the same exact message - after. I ended up finishing it off the next day with the regular install from disc - 30 min. No huge problems, except my existing templates are gone - which is simple to re-create. So - all in all, I'm not sure if the install went the way it should. I got a message that said I was running multiple copies on one machine, but my VAR said it was okay. - to sum up, I have no solutions, just 'misery loves company.'

SW Professional 2014
SW Electrical 2D/3D
64 bit SP1.0
Intel Xeon X(R) CPU 1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz
8.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

All I was doing was upgrading from SP1.0 to 2.0. Scott, we have not used the Admin Image. We only have four networked seats at work and our VAR indicated for that low a number it wasn't really worth it to use the Admin Image. Perhaps you can render an opinion on that as I know you use Admin Image, but you have many more seats.

I was just asking if anyone else was seeing the same problem I was. I thought it strange that it appeared identically on my home machine as well as at work just 12 hours apart. Chris, At home it is installed directly on my 64-bit Windows 7, so there is no issue with Win 2003 Server.

I suspect there might have been a server or traffic problem at SWX at the time. I have since been able to download at both locations without these errors so all is good.

Thanks for the replies and ideas.

- - -Updraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back