Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohanlal0488

Structural
Jun 26, 2020
ZA
Hi Guys

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
I recently purchased a new home with a central aircon.

We had a faulty capacitor which was fixed however during troubleshooting the problem a dummy capacitor was put in, and the aircon worked very well. Cooled down the house significantly.

Thereafter the capacitor was replaced and R22 was filled, it seems to be working poorly.

There is the below symbol being presented, could anyone assist with the meaning of the symbol?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=224dcd39-746f-42f6-901a-81c7403a030a&file=IMG_20210410_112342.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure about the term capacitor? That's an electrical component.

As for the symbol you need to look at the manual or tell us what make and model this is.

My guess is that it's telling you to add more refrigerant but could be anything. The manual will tell you, but it could be quite vague.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

@LittleInch unfortunately I have no manual. The keypad has no infirmation on it. Went into the roof today, and honestly it's a mess I couldn't navigate to where the fan sits either.

The guys who came in to look at the a/c couldn't give me much information with regards to a brand.

It was my last hope to post here...

Are you showing the thermostat panel or the control panel of the HVAC? If the former, you can usually pull off the front part to expose the control wiring. and see if there's a brand name on the inside.

Nevertheless, the symbol looks like a gas cylinder, so I agree it's likely something to do with the Freon
[edit] So I did a search and it might be a LPG low warning, if you have LPG for heating

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

It looks like Ingersoll Rand (IR), but I couldn't find a display like yours. I think they have recently taken over Trane domestic hvac.

There must be some equipment you can see?

Where is the main chiller unit? Or the central fan unit?

Well it's a bit of a mystery. The unit seems to be a Daikin unit but the controller looks like ingersoll rand.

I've not managed to see on anyone's display a symbol like you have.

Thanks guys for all the comments. The symbol seems to come on every time the compressor runs.

I think the issue may be with the fact the unit has been overfilled with gas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back