Synchronisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
Posted the following in tek-tips and thought it may be useful here:

Just synchronised my excel files from two desktops, two laptops, and an encrypted USB stick. Approx 4700 files are now the most recent. This has not been done in the lifetime of all the machines.

Just wanted to let you know that I used a program called "FreeFile Sync" and it worked perfectly. Easy to use, free, and very powerful.

Working on my Drawing sub-directory, now...

Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Agree with the OP. I also use FreeFileSync and i love it.

JBC
"The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing"

Just sync'd my drawing files from 4 computers, two USB's and an encrypted USB... going back 2 or 3 decades, about 27,000 and 1000 sub-directories files without a glitch... seems to work OK. Going to tackle a whole bunch of CD's and DVD's next...

Dik

Just consolidated about 150 CD/DVDs... last 20 or 25 years... ended up with 130,000 files and 10,700 sub-directories. Used FreeFileSync, without a glitch... I'm not going to use them likely, but, wanted them in case... about 7 unreadable CD using my one desktop... using 3 other machines, I reduced this to a handful of directories... The program is excellent... fast and easy to use.

Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back