Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Synchronising 2 Enovia LCA databases across two sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitlabell

Aug 5, 2003
GB
Hello,
Has anyone sucessfully managed to keep two Enovia databases in sync across a long distance?

Our company is currently in the throes of deploying Enovia LCA as its' main Engineering data management system. We have design sites in the UK, Canada and the US. I work for the UK site, and we would like our local LCA database to be always up to date with the master one in Montreal. While I have read lots of encouraging stuff from Dassault and Oracle, I would like to know if anyone has it working reliably. Both databases need to be writable, so one is not just a dumb slave of the other.

Thanks.
Gary.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I wonder who you work for?

If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it would have changed the history of music...
and of aviation.

Ahh.. I see I'm not the only one who lurks in both forums..
Yes - it's true, I work for Bombardier. Not a lot of Bombardier employees can say that :eek:)

Time to assume another identity.....

Not true!
I've sat beside Gary for 4 years and still haven't seen him do any work - it's uncanny the way he can sit for days without moving, just swaying gently in the breeze coming through the gaps round the window.

If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it would have changed the history of music...
and of aviation.

I would like to apologise for my previous statement.

Bombardier would like to make it clear that all our facilities are carefully maintained and there are NO gaps around the windows in any of our buildings.

Speaking seriously though, Gary has a very valid query so please ignore my waffling and post your answers below.

and of aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back