Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Cell Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

NASAJPL

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2023
US
Hey Y'all...

Anyone Nastran-ing out there know what these do?

INIT MASTER(S)
NASTRAN SYSTEM(442)=-1,SYSTEM(319)=1

SOL (whatever)

for the smart-alecs out there, yeah.. I already looked up descriptions for the system cell calls and INIT statements and stuff. That's not why I or others are asking.
I sorta wanna get some discussion going about this that is above-and-beyond the typical terse explanation documentations (don't) provide.

Pre-Thanks ^^

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear NASAJPL,
All is in the NASTRAN manuals, the QRG (NASTRAN Quick Reference Guide -- the PDF in FEMAP has 2845 pages!!) is the bible!!.
SYSTEM CELL (442)
Controls if Solution Monitor files are generated for Simcenter 3D Pre/Post and Femap. It is only valid on the platforms supported by Simcenter 3D Pre/Post and Femap.
0: Do not generate (Default).
1: Generate the original solution monitor files and delete after solution completes.
-1: Generate the original solution monitor files and keep after solution completes.
2: Launches the monitor in Simcenter 3D Pre/Post. In case of a DMP run, the monitor will only be displayed on the master node.

SYSTEM CELL (319)
If set to 1, gives extended error messages. If set to 0, only message summaries are reported. (Default=1)

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back