Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mech1

Mechanical
Aug 3, 2001
What OS does SW2001 Full Version work under? I've seen that the Full Version doesn't install on win98 but will install on Win 2000. But, I've read the system requirement for the student version and it runs on 98/ME/2000. Why this difference?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The full version runs on Windows 2000/NT/Me/98/95.
I have it running on both NT and 98 and have not had any problems. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Win98 and ME are BADDDD Memory managers!! But I don't know why SW wouldn't install on your particular Win 98 machine. I know of a few people that have installed it on that OS. But if you want results and good ones to boot, you should install it on Win NT, XP or "my favorite" Win 2000. These OSes can manage memory properly.

Hope that helps some what, Scott Baugh, CSWP :)
George Koch Sons,LLC
Evansville, IN 47714
sjb@kochllc.com

If you didn't even get past install, then this isn't going to help, but if you have a AMD processor, K-6 or lower version, then you will need a patch from AMD. You should be fine with a K-7. "Happy the Hare at morning for she is ignorant to the Hunter's waking thoughts."

I've been looking through the message boards and run across the term SP1 and SP2....can anyone clarify what these are?

Thanks!

The SP for SolidWorks indicates the Service Pack number. Once they release a new application, they will routinely issue Service Packs for minor updates. They are available from their website, assuming you have a maintenance agreement. SolidWorks 2001 is up to SP11 and SolidWorks 2002 is currently in a pre-release mode. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Dsi,

You may have more info than me, but from my understanding the Pre-release is for SW01+. In the License Agreement you are promised 2 major releases per year. This would SW 2nd for the year. Although since the new year is just around the corner the SW2002 may not be much different than what we are seeing now.

Cheers, Scott Baugh, CSWP :)
George Koch Sons,LLC
Evansville, IN 47714
sjb@kochllc.com

Scott:

You are correct! It is SW2001+. Thanks X-) DimensionalSolutions@Core.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back