Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Symbols???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundevil98

Mechanical
Apr 5, 2001
US
Hi,

Our office is new to using Pro/E... We only have a couple of guys working with it now, and our administrator isn't too familiar with everything.

I'm curious if there is anyway to get some default system symbols from the installation discs? I really don't have many symbol options to choose from, from what I can tell by browsing through directories (really just surface finish symbols).

When installing Pro/E, is there some option that needs to be checked to install more symbols? I'd rather not have to go and create my own user defined symbols.

BTW, I'm looking for a datum target symbol, I know it's built into Pro/Detail - but it's not working as I'd expect it to (only wants to go on certain views - not the one I want it to go on).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should have those datum target symbols. When you retrieve the symbol you may have to set the default symbol directory if it's not already set in the config file. The symbol editor is really easy to use so you could create a symbol in a matter of minutes.

Best Regards,

Heckler

Do you trust your intuition or go with the flow?

I guess part of my question should have been...

What is the default symbold directory???? And how many symbols should be in there?

I've poked around, and found some symbols, but I only have two or three to choose from... and all of those are surface finish symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back