Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TailTarget on an instantiated detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnaudsomville

Aerospace
Oct 16, 2023
US
Hello everyone,

I'm new into Catia V5 Macro's world and I try to create one instantiating a detail, then creating an arrow that is attached to the external circle of my detail. No problem with the instantiation nor the creation of the arrow, the main problem is when wanting to attach the tail to my circle. It's working with any dummy geometry (like a circle that I create in the drawing manually for example) but when I want to attach it to a detail it's not working.

From what I understood, it's because TailTarget wants a geometry but because details are just references to an existing view on another sheet it's not working. What is weird is that you can link manually the arrow to the detail (Right click -> Add extremity link ) but when observing what is inside the Arrow's variable, TailTarget is just written as failed (so the reference problem if I'm right)

Capture_sgn97e.png
Capture_sewwdt.png

On the left the arrow linked manually to the detail and on the right the arrow manually linked to a normal circle

So here is my question : is it possible to solve this through VBA code or it's just a limitation of the library ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back