Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Take over SE settings when creating a new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

lievenm

Mechanical
Sep 7, 2008
As administrator on an XP system, I have changed some settings of my SE v20 system (as template path, macro location, toolbars, ...)

When I define a new user on the xp system, the SE settings of this user are the "standard" ones

How can I change this (Every new user to have the same settings as the administrator)

thx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This was discussed a while ago, try and find it.

Under tool, options, filepaths (or something like that) there is an 'seadmin' setting.

I don't know the details but you can set up a file, I think xml, with most of the important file options etc. in it.

When you put a new installation of SE, you set SE Admin to look at this file and Bob's your uncle.

Below is a sanitized version of our procedure for installing correct templates etc.

1. Open Solid Edge Part or Assembly (Draft will not have all required options available).
2. Select Tools/Options to open the Options dialog box.
3. Click on the File Locations tab.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen if necessary and select ‘Solid Edge Admin’ then click on Modify to open the Modify Location dialog box.
5. Navigate to xml file then click Open
6. Click OK in the File Locations dialog box.
7. Re-select Solid Edge Admin and click Update on the Options, File Locations window. This will activate the settings in .xml file.
8. Use Windows Explorer or your preferred file viewing application to navigate to:
standard text files location
9. Select and copy DraftCallout.txt and DraftList.txt
10. Paste DraftCallout.txt and DraftList.txt to:
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge V19 \Template\Reports
Note: Your path will be different if your working copy of Solid Edge is at a location different than C:\Program Files
11. Select “Yes” to write over the existing files with the same name
The current CAD Templates and standard settings for Parts lists and Callouts are now installed and ready for use.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back