Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tank Installation - Cost Rules of Thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rees101

Chemical
Sep 23, 2005
GB
Hi all,

Does anyone have a reference or just an idea (+/- 30% estimate) for the cost of installing a large API 650 design tank in an onshore location.

I have material costs, however I was looking for an estimate/rule of thumb guide that I could use to give me an estimate for an installed cost - i.e. inlcuding civil costs, erection, etc.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Rees

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rees101

I am fairly young in the industry however it has been my experience that in order to get to a magnitude +/- 30% cost estimate some idea of the location of the installation is required. Domestic vs international, region specific usually. So i guess i would need more info in order to help you with some quick rules of thumb i have used for the indirect costs.

regards,

MAeng11

Thanks for the reply.
Location is north Africa desert location.
Thanks again

As a suggestion....

One of the first things that you may consider is the possible use of a bolted panel tank (such as an AWWA D-103 design) instead of an API-650 design

This type of tank is attractive in areas where there is little welding talent available.

Many people offer these tanks.....here is one vendor:

Initial cost is slightly higher, but installation typically goes well.

-MJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back