Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

task duration & task work : a newbe question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilippeLucien

Specifier/Regulator
Jun 25, 2002
FR
When in task information (Pj2000) one can see the task duration field everywhere. But no way to see the task work field... where from can it be accessed ?

This is very important for me for i'm looking for a way to schedule task (operating returned mail) which I know will last for 2 weeks and use up to say 30 hours secretary hours... and i believe the most accurate way to let project calculate things is simply to enter things properly, avoiding :
- end and start date for the task shan't be use for that purpose (and are unknown as yet since beginning is not scheduled).
- contouring seems to be related to the assignment of each sources, when what i want is to get a : N hours needed per day on that period, just to schedule the secretaries on that task for each day.

I start to wonder if that field actually exist (crazy isn't it ?) when the help file states at different places that this field exist

Thanks to help,
-------------
The help file states at different places that this field exist :
"Work is different from task duration. For example, a resource may require 32 hours of work to complete a task, but the task may be scheduled with a duration of 2 days. This indicates that more than one resource needs to be assigned to this task, namely two. Working 8 hours a day on the task, two people would complete the task in 2 days."

G.P.L. ZINS
Field operations director in Marketing research Paris France

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Philippe,
I don't know exactly which screen you are in when looking for the 'Work' filed, but almost all of them can be customized to display the information.

In the screen you wish to see the 'Work' field, use your mouse and place the pointer at the top of the column titled 'Duration'. This is most likely gray in color.

Use your right mouse button and choose the item 'Insert Column' from the list. The 'Column Definition' window will appear.

Select the drop-down list from the 'Field Name:' box and find 'Work'. Press OK and the work column will appear on the sheet.

What's up with France not making it to the Round of 16 in the World Cup? From Champs in 98 to Chumps in 02!
Go Brazil, can's stand the thought of those Germans winning.

Hope this helped!
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back